CHOOSE TRUTH, REFUSE COMPROMISE.











I got back from Sydney, Australia a few days ago and the Hillsong Conference 2007 was just so awesome!!!!! THOUSANDS of people accepting Christ into their lives, THOUSANDS of people praising and worshipping the LORD, THOUSANDS of people falling in love with the LORD all over again... ahh, such a lovely atmosphere to be in! I can't think of anywhere else to be if it wasn't in the acer arena stadium in Olympic Park!
Even though I was filled with every ounce of excitement, I felt so shaky and nervous too as we entered the acer arena stadium for the first time, for the 7.30pm service. All of us were rushing cause the place was PACKED man! (pacman haha) and yeah even my mum was excited! Sadly we didn't get to sit in a group but it's all gooood, cause we stuck as a group for the rest of the conference :) Can't be bothered to go into details but God's Word was being delivered so well by all of the speakers! Some things really hit me, and my level of faith or "excitement for God" (whatever you call it) has increased so damn much, and I'm so glad for that! I praised and worshipped God like never before, always jumping around like a crazy fool. I can finally say for once that I really honestly genuinely focused on God's presence and didn't care what was happening or who was there or whatever. I was just so caught up in the moment, and once you're caught up you get stuck, it's almost like a trap or something. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about but yeah.
Sadly I didn't get to take a picture with Brian Houston or Darlene Zchesch and stuff, but BERNARD DID! haha well with the other JAM guys anyway. JAM UNITED was so intense man WOWOwowow! Some of us only went for 2 days cause we couldnt 'take the intensity of it all' I guess hahaha but it was loadsa fun. I stopped going because I wanted more of God's Word, and not so much of games and spending money I guess hahaha (yeah, I can put it that way). Nevertheless JAM UNITED was really awesome, loadsa teens surrendering their lives to Christ too :) Praise and Worship was crazy man! I started off by standing next to Rach on the right side, then ended up next to Darren on the left... wtFRUIT man?! I guess that's how excited people were for God!
I realized several things from this trip (and even earlier on actually), and some of them I can't even begin to question! Sometimes I just feel like shouting at people when I realize these things, but then I step off because it's none of my business. It's this whole issue of LURVE that's got all of us teenagers tangled up in unneccessary thoughts and actions, and we really gotta stop experimenting and just LET. GOD. do his mighty work, let Him do what He does best! Sometimes I just feel like slapping people for no apparent reason, but maybe that way they will realize it clearer. So many people trying to make things work in their own ways and think that by prayer it will work out, but I have learned from this and trust me, when God doesn't want it to happen or work, He will somehow let you know I guess. I know how it feels like to 'be in lurveee' or whatever you want to call it- butterflies in your stomach, nervousity at its peak, feeling all tingly tangly and all that junk, but really I realized that it's all temporary. Why stick with something so damn temporary, when there's something that's for real and will actually... last? This has been such a big issue throughout youth groups in the world and yeah, wherever really, and I have been reading stuff about this and the stuff that I have been reading makes so much sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let your focus go all haywire, and be STRAIGHT WITH GOD, or else you'll never be satisfied. News travel so damn fast, that sometimes I wish I could just shut my ears because
1) I really don't care.
2) Sometimes the things I hear, I wish I never heard of at all.
3) It kills me to hear certain things over and over again, when will people ever learn?
But I guess my first point doesn't cut it since I actually do give a damn about these things, because loadsa people have been acting like a mute about these issues and it's about time that people start to CHANGE THE WAY THEY THINK and CHANGE THE WAY THEY RESPOND to certain things and to actually BE STRAIGHT WITH GOD. But you know, this is just from my perspective and unlike some of you, I realize these things and acknowledge them. I refuse to see people travel down to such a low that it's seriously not even funny anymore. I refuse to see things fall, and I refuse to see things become what it's not suppose to. It's like, heyyy since there's no one else out there, let's fall in love with the church! Just cause somebody's a Christian doesn't mean it's alright to be with them okay. If you seriously consider yourself as a follower of Christ, then start acting like one :) well to all the flirters or whatever you call yourselves, FLIRT TO CONVERT!
Okay I'm done rambling, but really, Hillsong Conference 2007 was really great and I learned loadsa things :) I hope to attend it next year again hehehe. There are more pictures but I can't be stuffed... ohhh and one more prom picture to complete this post!

love them :)
and you saw me when You took a crown of thorns
and Your blood washed over me
and You loved me through the nails that You bore
and Your blood washes over me
amazing like no other, grace without an end
as Your word had promised, You died and rose again...
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did 1JN2:6

No comments:
Post a Comment