Friday, April 27, 2007

BATTLE CRY.


BattleCry.com


THE CRISIS_

A stealthy enemy has infiltrated our country and is preying upon the hearts and minds of 33 million American teens. Corporations, media conglomerates, and purveyors of popular culture have spent billions to seduce and enslave our youth. So far, the enemy is winning. But there is plenty we can do. We need to take action. We need to answer the Battle Cry.

ATTACK ON A GENERATION

Today's teens are being attacked by popular culture like no other generation. Hollywood, the music industry, advertisers, and even the mainstream media are using their arsenal of tools to win the battle for our teens' hearts- and so far they are winning! In order to defeat our enemy, we must know how it thinks and understand the weapons it uses. It is critical that we realize how far-reaching the crisis is- and then we must work together to stop it.

TELEVISION

This generation views 16 to 17 hours of television each week and sees on average 14,000 sexual scenes and references each year. That's more than 38 references every day.

INTERNET

This generation spends three hours a day online and is the first to grow up with point-and-click pornography. Almost 90 percent of teens have viewed pornography online at one of the 300,000 adult websites, most while doing homework.

MUSIC

More than 25 percent of teen-targeted radio segments contain sexual content; 42 percent of the top selling CDs contain sexual content

ADVERTISING

With more than $128 billion dollars in their pockets, this generation has been targeted by corporate America, who does everything it can to grow brands and profits without any regard to the moral decay of a generation.



WATCH THIS:
http://www.battlecry.com/pages/BCSF07_rally.php
http://www.battlecry.com/pages/BCSF07_radioworship.php
http://www.battlecry.com/pages/BCDT07_ministry.php

VISIT THIS:
www.battlecry.com
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=2985141&page=1



We need to act to save our generation, because if we don't, our generation is going to go down in ruins. We need to live, eat, breathe in the Word. We need to seek Him with all our heart, and we've gotta keep our fire burning brighter for Him each and everyday. We live in a sick and twisted world, where teenagers do the ugliest things. People who I call my friends tease me and mock me just because I've become a better person. Just because I don't swear and do what they do (which I consider is bad), I get teased but it's okay. I gotta stand up for what I believe in =) As a Christian it's expected to get these kinds of things from people. As a Christian we get rid of our wrong doings with the help of an extraordinary God, He helps us in our time of need and He's always there for us. We will find him when we seek him with all our heart, and no matter the circumstance, He listens to us.

Disasters happen, and that's only because God allows them to happen. His timing is perfect and even though we may not understand it, He has His way. It drives me to see so many young people so on fire for Him, and making themselves available for Him to use them. My heart gets excited when I watch the videos listed above because I know that I'm not alone, and there are others out there who think just like me. Even though non-believers try to put us down and fight against our beliefs, really, they're fighting against God and against His will. It hurts me to see people rejecting God, and not accepting Him. My life has never been the same ever since I accepted Him in my life...



You have turned my mourning into dancing
You have turned my sorrows to joy
You have turned my whole life around
and I thank You :)

No comments: