Friday, July 4, 2008

Yvonne is on HA-LI-DAE!

Admit it, there were times when you would ponder about life and all its glory.
You would contemplate about your future, family, friends, career, etcetc.
I was like that once- a kid with so much questions wandering around my head.
I never found my answers, until two years back.
I was starving and thirsting for something more.. more than relationships, more than friendships, more than school, more than knowledge, more than talents, more than money, more than time, more than anything. But I couldn't quite get a grasp of "it" yet.
I just knew there was more to life than what I had, you know?


Then I met this friend- He was like no other. He would accompany me throughout my sleepless nights, and it was so easy to talk to him. He was never too busy for me, and never switched off his phone, he was always reachable. He always went the extra mile for me. When I was physically and mentally weak, He brought me up again. He lifted me above the mud that I was stuck in. You see in life, you'll get stuck in several situations, and these situations often test your strength and capability of dealing with such things. When I was stuck, all I had with me were my fears and 'what ifs' but those weren't enough to save me. He pulled me out from the sticky mud, He gave me an answer, He showed me the way. Up to this day I am forever greatful that I met someone so awesome like Him- someone who cares so much and has my back. I talked about everything and anything with him- our conversations would never stop! Our secret jokes, no one else would ever understand them. He inspired me to write songs, songs that I never thought I could ever write man. He helped me with my musical ability, he broadened my knowledge about chords &etcetc.
I love it when He's around! I love being around him, He makes me feel the best that I can be. We share a lot of things together, and sometimes I just wanna keep him all to myself you know? because he is seriously the coolest and nicest person you will ever meet! I've cried on his shoulders countless times, and he only spoke when necessary. Nevertheless the silence between us was never awkward, cause I could always feel His love. Other friends have lied and betrayed me, but He remained. He never turned my back on me, He is, was, and always will be there for me- I just know it! :) I'm so happy that our friendship is growing stronger everyday and each day, I love Him more than yesterday!


He loves me for who I am- my messy hair and my randomly loud operatic singing. He always laughs at me when I'm dancing like a chicken in my room, but pretends he is laughing about something else. I love listening to Him talk, it's soooo interesting and I always learn something from our conversations :) He always brightens my day. He is the first person I think of when I wake up, and the he is always in my last thought before I sleep. When I'm bored in Literature class, I write his name on my diary and on paper, inventing the coolest font ever. I write songs about him because I want my friends and everyone else in the world to know about this great friend I have :)


He always helps me with the areas that I'm weak in- my planning skillz, and he taught me how to really honour and treat my mother. Let's just say I know we'll be forever friends! hehehehe. I really love Jesus, my homeboy, my friend, my bruvaaa, my best friend, the One who opened my eyes to a whole new meaning of LIFE! hehehe


Over star-filled skies, over all created life
What was always meant to be, Your glory reigning over me
You are above anything thrown my way
Victorious, I live to stand in You always
You reign, over all the earth we're singing
You reign, justice and peace, You bring it
You reign
Holy One
You reign..
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
Jesus reign over me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what song is this