Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Yvonne updates.

I'm not at school at the mo, had a fever since last night, but praise God it went down this morning and I'm fine now :)

In the midst of confusion, trust God.
In the moments of realization, obey God.
In the midst of loneliness, fellowship with God.
In the midst of trials, persevere with God.
In the midst of celebration, praise God.
In the midst of people, love them as you love God.
Having the heart of a servant, serve God.

I remember the day I got saved, I remember the feeling- the excitement, the joy, the love and passion I felt for His name. The moment I discovered my greater calling- to advance His kingdom by making Him famous! I remember playing in the worship team for the very first time- I remember it all. Do you?

It's difficult sometimes to establish what is of the flesh and what is of the Spirit, there's such a fine line between the two. Sometimes we get so caught up in our flesh, in ourselves, that we don't realize we're in this deep hole that we have created for our own selves. Blinded... but after all, people are people, right? But knowing that what is of the flesh and still pursuing it is sin. It's so important for us to walk in the Spirit, to be able to discern between what is of the flesh and what is of the Spirit.

Try to remember the day you got saved- could be a year ago, 6 years ago, even months ago, and remember the passion, the joy that you had living a life dedicated to His will and purposes for your life. And, now... where are you now?
Do you still stand in awesome reverence of the Lord?
Does your heart still beat in triple time as you remember the promises that He has for your life? Is your heart still pure?
Is He still your number one priority?

Take time to realize.

"All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.
Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
And your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:2-3

"Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God.
May Your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
-Psalm 143

No comments: